What you will need:
- Jersey vest top
- Fabric scissors
- Wash off fabric marker
- Bleach or fabric dye
- Beads and feathers to decorate (optional)
- Lay the vest flat and slice the hem off the bottom. Try to keep it as straight as possible.
- Then measure the desired length of the fringing by marking a line or dots across the top, this will act as a guide when it comes to cutting.
- Next roughly cut from the bottom of the top upwards to create the fringing strips. The fringing can go straight across or at an angle depending on how you want the top to look.
- Now it's time to dip dye. We used bleach as our vest is navy blue and we wanted to strip the colour back. You could use a white top and coloured dyes to create some super cool tie dye style effects.
- Once the colour has taken rinse and completely dry.